As I mentioned earlier, I wrote up a long article (approaching a treatise) on what I saw of interest to the accounting profession. It was my original intent to post it here, but I ended up making a deal to post it on the Intuit ProLine site. Some notes for you, the gentle reader of the CPA Tech Blog:
- The article has been broken down into 2 posts (nice, bite-sized pieces). Part 1 is here: http://blog.accountant.intuit.com/from-the-experts/the-ces-2012-gadget-report-part-1
- The UltraBook shown in the article (a Samsung Series 9 with a 13.3” display, a Core i5 processor, 4GB RAM, and a 128GB SSD) is available from The Microsoft Store for $999 (as of when I’m writing this), and includes a $200 voucher for a future purchase from the MS Store (software, mouse, smaller laptop case, etc.). Although I have been coveting this device, I am also freezing my gadget budget (iPad 3 is just around the corner) and will purchase something similar to this device later in the year.
- I have eval units of a couple of scanners which I saw at the show, and will be blogging about them in the coming weeks.
- The new second monitors for laptops from Mobile Monitor Technologies will be coming out in the spring (sometime at the end of Q1 or during Q2). One of the new models (Monitor2Go) will work with mobile devices, and is available for pre-order now.
- I’m still trying to reach some people who I met at the show for some follow-up conversations, and as I learn more about their products, I’ll pass it along to you through this site.
More info here when the second part of the CES Report is posted on the Intuit website.