Some of the current events I’ve been following include the following stories:
- HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE
- Sometime in 2017, Microsoft will bring MS SQL to Linux – via @Wired
- KPMG Recruits IBM Watson for Cognitive Tech Audits, Insights via
- There is a 'game changer' technology on Wall Street – Blockchain - and people keep confusing it with bitcoin
- Microsoft’s Project Rigel Brings Surface Hub Capabilities To New Devices
- Seagate's blistering new 10GBps NVMe drive is the world's fastest-ever SSD=> Interesting claim for fastest SSD, but we don’t see the stat you should be looking at when you expand your storage – IOPS, or I/O operations per second.
- GOVERNMENT AND PRIVACY
- How State Revenuers Are Going After E-Commerce (Wall Street Journal) => Great reason to learn more about @Avalara, which can handle this crazy compliance challenge.
- The DOJ threatens to seize Apple's source code and electronic signature
#policestate via @FortuneMagazine
- Surprise! US Govt has authorized NSA
#surveillance data for domestic policing that has NOTHING to do w terrorism http://wpo.st/wyuK1
- More airports calling out TSA for long lines http://usat.ly/1p8l0Fv via
@usatoday Agree that @AskTSA lines have been worse in 2016. Evidently, I’m not the only one to see this trend.